Monday, September 12, 2011

Tasks 6,7,8.

OK, so kick off was today! But before I get to that, I just want to cover the rest of the pre-season tasks so I can get them sorted. In my own head at least!

Ok, so Task 6 is done. My fridge looks great - cleaned out. I have made an emergency supply of broccoli soup, and cut one and a half bunches of celery into sticks for ready to munch snacks. I have cottage cheese and rice crackers on standby. However, I need to add a disclaimer :) There is still stuff in there I am not allowed to eat. Yummy cheeses etc. And my pantry has stuff in it that is not so good. But the other family members eat it, and its great for lunch boxes etc. I can handle it . I will be strong. This task will NOT come back to bite me!

Task 7.
Now this is an effort. As I mentioned in Task 2, I struggle to put myself first and always use housework/other things as excuses. If the housework and everything else is done, there are no reasons why I can't spend the time. Diarising my workouts and shopping time is tough, but I feel other things such as housework, study, time with kids etc also need to be allocated slots, otherwise they will always pop up in the way of working out. ARRGHH. I don't want to schedule every aspect of my life, but if I just wing it - what will happen? What will get done and what will be left? I feel like I will have enough time to work out, that I will just get to it in my day. Simple?

Now I have the benefit of hindsight here. I am updating these tasks after completing day 1. As I did not schedule in my workout, I struggled to find the time to do anything. Just managed to squeeze in my fitness test at the end of the day. I am hearing alarm bells and KNOW how important this is. Michelle's words are going through my head - Why are you struggling with this task? Clearly I have to be extra thorough with this one. Until I make time to sit and nut it out completely, I will follow my "Chip Away" method and just figure out my day tomorrow.

Also, I need to add I have several red flags. Both of my daughters have their birthday in the next month, my sister turns 30 soon, and then my husband turns 40. Uni essay due date and exam are also a problem for me. Mmm Task 7 - you need more attention.

Task 8

Ok, measured up. Sad. I am actually a triangle shape (does that exist?!) my waist is slightly bigger than my chest, and then my hips are slightly bigger than my waist. Oh - I posted a before photo to my statistics page for the first time ever. My hubby took it, with also one from the side and back. What a wake up call. That's all I can say.

Tasks done and dusted - well maybe not pesky task 7, but will nail it sooner or later.

L. x

No comments:

Post a Comment