Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pre Season Task 2

Ok, so with DAYS to go before kick off, and menus for Week 1 launched, I set aside some time to power through some pre season tasks. Now I understand fully that these pre season tasks need to be done well, as this will set you up for the best results possible. But I have done these before, and well, although not much has changed, I gained some further insight into my behaviours...

Excuses, Excuses.

I listed a whole heap of general excuses in the spaces provided when you sign in. Basically, looking at them, they are pretty lame and have summarised them all into three important points..

1. I am constantly sabotaging myself with petty issues. So with each of these lame excuses for not doing it - the busy, tired, can't be bothered types - I am now answering back at myself with one phrase.

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

Now this is genius. I stole it from a lovely person on the forums (told her I was stealing it!) and have made this my motto for the round. I have been trialling it. With every argument I have with myself in my head about what I am eating, doing etc and all the justifying I try and do, this phrase wins hands down every time. I am happy I have this to fall back on when those little excuses try and win out!

2. The overwhelming feeling of what's ahead can be paralysing. I get this feeling in excuses like "I'll start Monday" or "One meal won't make a lot of difference". My solution to this is I need to take this journey one tiny step at a time. Focussing on day by day, and bit by bit, I will:

CHIP AWAY!

3. Now another thing that I discovered was holding me back was housework/other things to do. Now I know I have to give myself priority, but I cannot help but get the guilts. So , there is no other option than be organised and stay on top of things, without getting distracted. So another important area I will focus greatly on is:

ORGANISATION AND DISCIPLINE

This is a massive area and needs a lot of attention. Will focus on this again in Task 7.

So there you are, my three solutions (because I am no longer focussing on excuses!) in a nutshell. Feel better because I think I have worked out basically how to get around things that are holding me back - finally!

YAY!

L. x











No comments:

Post a Comment